I have noticed recently that a lot of WordPress blogs do not publish comments until they are approved by the blog owner, not a bad feature when used properly. Unfortunately I have also noticed a lot of sites that won’t publish your comment if it goes against their ideas.
Today I want to spot light a blog post at http://garydorr.wordpress.com/:
The Obama haters have, for 4 years used the term “community organizer” as a pejorative and not a job. Now Romney is throwing a tizzy because people are being made aware of what his record was as a vulture capitalist. He says it is now off limits.
But what is America, is it a corporation, meant to be profit driven for the board of directors and the rich investors and aiming to cut costs by slashing wages and benefits for the rest? If that’s the case and it’s about the money, then outsourcing is much cheaper.
In reality America is a community, made up of people from all walks of life and in all sorts of predicaments as they struggle to improve their lives and count on someone to organize the nation to include them.
While Romney was looting pension funds and having them replaced by tax payer dollars in essence taking your money for his pocket, Obama was the organizer of a population larger than the population of Alaska and worked for $30.000 a year.
- He organized training to help people find work, education to improve people’s literacy and improve their prospects, organized legal council to settle disputes.
- He empowered the least in the community by giving them a voice and the power of numbers to support them.
- He organized food banks, free clinics, food delivery for the infirmed and aged, activity centers where people could meet and develop social skills and break the isolation of poverty along with the ability to network.
- He provided access to those that couldn’t find it and clothing exchanges to make people more presentable for job applications, child minding centers and referral centers for people that need legal, financial and medical care.
- He, organized transport for the elderly, home visits and home care.
- He taught people how to budget their income and balance their books, because that’s what community organizers do and they do a heck of a great service for all that need them.
He did this for $30.000 a year, even though he was a top grad at the top law school im America and could have taken a million dollar a year job as first pick from every legal company in America.
And yet his job was sold as a negative, not a real job in spite of the long hours, the pain of watching people suffer and the joy of seeing the burdens lifted off their shoulders as their lives improved.
I’d rather see a national community than a corporation with very rich and disposable worker cogs.
So go ahead Barack tell the truth about Mitt because his side of politics have made high ideals and helping on principle, a negative.
Now, I made the mistake of thinking my comment would get published so I did not save it anywhere. But the abbreviated version of my comment was something like this:
My problem with President Obama’s experience is that he has NEVER come up with a solution to a problem that did not include Government intervention. He has spent his entire time as a community organizer telling people that the government will solve their problems and that all they have to do it tell their politicians what they want and they can get it.
In the real world we need to teach people how to think for themselves and earn their own living and not wait for some faceless government to take care of them. We should be creating an environment that rewards hard work and not reward laziness.
After waiting some time I posted another comment informing the blogger that I was interested in hearing from them on this subject and still no response. My comment has not been posted and they have continued on blogging. I guess it is easy to spout your ideas if your ignore any objection.
I welcome any comments and look forward to people proving me wrong. As long as you do it without name calling or using blatant fallacies (if you do not know what those are go here http://www.fallacydetective.com/) I will listen to what you have to say and provide you with an honest response.
So to garydorr and other bloggers that block dissent to their ideas I say “shame on you”. Don’t blog if you are afraid to be proven wrong.